Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day Two

I liked having two snacks after Rainn went to bed last night, so I'm going to repeat that today.

B-small banana, iced nonfat SF hazelnut latte
S-boiled egg, apple (overripe red one - tasted like mashed potatoes. Yuck.)
L-red beans and rice with chicken sausage, 1/2 c. diced tomatoes (added to meal), jalapeno pepper (My take: Alone, this would have been a little bland for me and definitely too small a portion to be satisfying, but the additions - my jalapeno/tomato saute with added chile piquin, ground red and ancho pepper - turned it into a hearty, spicy, steaming bowl of yumminess! I'm stuffed!)
S-iced SF hazelnut latte
D-vegetable fajita, 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce, 1/2 c. orange bell pepper, 1 jalapeno (My take: This was delicious the way I made it. Again, I think the crunch and flavor of the bell and jalapeno pepper as well as the extra kick from the chili sauce really turned it into something special where it would have been just mediocre.)
S-double chocolate chip muffin (My take: This was amazing. So filling, moist and decadent!)
S-blueberry lemon dessert bar (My take: While small, it was a yummy yogurt like coating with a sweet vs. tangy filling that had enough chewiness and crunch to leave me totally delighted.)
W-rest

Calories in: 1374
Bodybugg burn: 2278

What I'm learning so far is that it is ALL about the fresh add-ins. Forget eating a handful of carrots to get your veggie servings - I'm going to get creative and spice up all my dishes. Tomorrow is first week's weigh in. Hoping to just still be 135, which is what I was last Friday, since I had that very bad binge day on Tuesday. Will review today's meals as I eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment